Here is a brief list of links to some of my writing:
- Financial Post – Ad Missions (A collection of brief television advertising critiques I wrote for the National Post over a period of several months.)
- Marketing Magazine – The Slippery Nature of Cool (This essay explores the relationship between coolness and branding. Link to PDF file.)
- Marketing Magazine – Tracking the Tribes (This essay uncovers the close historical relationship between anthropology and marketing and provides a glimpse into the pioneering work in this area of anthropologist Lloyd Warner. Link to PDF file.)
- The Globe and Mail – Lucky No. 7. (Feature book review of Sally Hogshead’s business best-seller Fascinate!. Link to PDF file.)
- The Curious Case of Nickelback – The Mark (A look at why music critics reportedly hate Billboard’s “Band of the Decade”.
- The Culture Theories of Wyndham Lewis and T. S. Eliot (Book chapter in Wyndham Lewis and the Cultures of Modernity, Ashgate Publishing.)
- From Primitive To Pop (Book chapter on the contemporary popular music of indigenous hunting and gathering peoples, in The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Hunters and Gatherers, Cambridge University Press.)